Blood pressure is bad enough on its own. However, when you consider the various other health issues that can come from it, the need to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level is a critical one. Thankfully, there are tons of yummy foods out there that can help you do this.
15 Foods For High Blood Pressure
If you’re looking for some foods that can help lower your blood pressure, while giving you a range of additional benefits, try some of these out:
• Avocados: This excellent source of potassium is a great replacement for mayo or butter.
• Spinach: This is a food that brings down the potential for hypertension. Spinach is low in calories, too.
• Skim Milk: Calcium and vitamin D are just two of the benefits of skim milk.
• Beans: Rich in soluble fiber, beans give you plenty of potassium and magnesium.
• Garlic: Sulfur and anti-inflammatory aspects are two highlights of garlic.
• Bananas: A banana is a powerhouse for providing potassium.
• Almonds: Enjoying almonds means taking advantage of the almond’s protein and healthful fat contents.
• Olive Oil: The antioxidant polyphenols is just one benefit with olive oil.
• Tomato: Utilizing Lycopene, which defends your body from free radicals, you can enjoy tomatoes in a variety of ways.
• Celery: A variety of minerals and compounds makes celery great for lowering your blood pressure.
• Dark chocolate: The cacao in dark chocolate can aid in dilating your blood vessels.
• Salmon: With omega-3 fatty acid and EPA, salmon can be fantastic for blood pressure reduction.
• Flax Seed: Flax seeds have even more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon does.
• Potato: Packed with magnesium and potassium, potatoes are delicious and nutritious.
• Watermelon: Enjoy roasted watermelon seeds for a treat, or simply enjoy watermelon providing your body with antioxidants and much more.
The important thing to remember with lowering your blood pressure is that you’re making changes to the way you look at food. There are a number of lifestyle changes that should be kept in mind, and you can start on those changes by enjoying some of the foods listed above.
Just remember that no one ever said making alterations to your diet has to be boring. Learn more about what these foods can not only do for your blood pressure levels, but also other aspects of your health, as well. All of these foods are readily available in grocery stores and elsewhere.