Better understanding a chlorine allergy and its symptoms and treating it effectively with a natural remedies
Almost every single day, we hear stories about how much chlorine is used all throughout our daily lives. This is a chemical compound that is no longer found simply in our swimming pools or hot tubs, but is instead found in just about any water that we come in contact with on a day to day basis.
Our drinking water is frequently treated with low levels of chlorine, our showering and bathing water is also treated with those same levels of chlorine (if not higher), and even the water that we purchase in bottled form has almost always been filtered through a chlorine solution to “purify” the liquid.
And though chlorine has definitely played a transformative role in cleaning out many of the “bad nasties” included in many of the water supplies that we would have come in contact with on a regular and routine basis – killing off bad bacteria, viruses, and other compounds that would certainly have made us sick if we were forced to ingest them or use them in close proximity to our bodies regularly – the truth of the matter is the trade-off may not be as beneficial as thought to be before simply because of the problems that chlorine brings to the table.
Chlorine in ridiculously low doses (in chlorine that has been mixed properly) poses almost no threat to us on a daily basis, but higher levels of chlorine – or sustained contact with chlorine – can really start to cause a lot of hassle and headache across the board.
If you feel like you have a chlorine allergy (or are concerned that you have been exposed to too terribly much chlorine in a short period of time), it’s critical that you pay close attention to all of the information provided below.
Common symptoms related to a chlorine allergy or extended chlorine exposure
Widely regarded as one of the more “tolerated” skin irritants at you’ll find on the planet today, it’s vital that you understand and determine whether or not you’re dealing with overexposure to chlorine or a full-blown chlorine allergy the minute that you present to any of the symptoms outlined below.
• Full body itching, or more localized itching and that hadn’t existed previously
• Redness that seems to “come and go” with no real rhyme or reason
• Miniature little bumps all over large areas of your skin for no real discernible reason
• Overly dry skin that didn’t present itself previously
• Excessive scabbing without any open wounds
• Swollen face, lips, tongue, or gums
• Sensations of dizziness or lightheaded feelings
• Respiratory problems, a shortness of breath that is unexplainable
It’s important to understand that these are in no way whatsoever the only symptoms that you may run across when you are dealing with a chlorine allergy or over exposure to chlorine – but instead represent some of the more common situations that you may be struggling with.
It’s critical that you get the assistance from a trust in trained medical professional if your symptoms are “life altering” or feel like they are threatening your well-being. Chlorine is a real poison that you cannot full around with, and it can have some very real – and very serious – short and long term impacts on your health
How to eliminate chlorine allergies or overexposure to chlorine all on your own at home
It’s important to remember the advice provided above about seeking out trusted in highly trained medical interventions if you feel that you may have been poisoned by too much chlorine, and it’s vital that you get the effective and efficient medical treatment if you need it.
However, if you’re looking to control or contain – and in some cases completely eliminate – your chlorine rash or chlorine allergy symptoms, you are a couple of things you can do.
Alternating warm and cold compresses can help you to immediately reduce the inflammation and swelling that your body is dealing with right now, while at the same time soothing all of the itchiness that you’ve been struggling to contain
If you have starch on hand (cornstarch is best), you can mix it into a warm bath – the more the merrier – in an effort to control all of the itching that you’ve been struggling with. You’ll want to soak for at least 45 minutes in that cornstarch mixture to get the full effect, but you can also use smaller batches for more localized itching if you need to control the situation.
Aloe vera gels or aloe vera creams can also being amazingly effective at reducing the itchiness and irritation that you are dealing with on a regular basis, though again you need to remember that you were simply eliminating the symptoms and not killing off the root cause. For that you’re going to need to make sure that you are leveraging the help and assistance of trained medical professionals. Chlorine can be poisonous, needs to be treated with respect.