To Lose Belly Fat, Get Your Heart Rate Up
Belly fat is not cool, and not only because it makes you feel like your clothes don’t fit as they should, and makes you sigh when you stand in front of your dressing mirror in the morning. More seriously, studies have shown a correlation between excess belly fat and cardiovascular disease.
Your doctor will advise you to lose belly fat to reduce what is a real risk of developing an unhealthy heart. What can you do to shed the unwanted belly fat that surrounds your middle?
You can commit to regular aerobic exercise. Tests have shown that regular aerobic exercise is more efficient than weight-based exercises in burning off abdominal fat.
Read on for some tried-and-true aerobic exercise tips.
Aerobic exercises that get results
1. Stair Exercises: If you have stairs in your home or apartment building, spend about twenty minutes every day walking up and down them. Walking your stairs will get your heart pumping.
2. Skipping: You may have left skipping behind when you reached adulthood, but it is now time to get out your old rope. Skipping at a rapid pace gets your heart pumping and works your calves and your thighs.
3. Squats: The squat is a exercise that works your entire body, strengthening muscles, including your abdominal muscles.
4. Core Power Yoga: This strenuous yoga results in tight muscles, a strong pelvis and hips, as well as a reduction in your overall weight. Oh, you’ll fell your stress melt away as well.
5. Hula Hoop: The hula hoop provides you with an enjoyable way to work your belly fat away, strengthening your abdominal muscles as you work to keep that hoop in place.
6. Jogging in Place: You don’t have to head out into chilly morning air to jog; lay down your yoga mat and jog in place. You’ll get all the benefits of a short outdoor run in the comfort of your home.
7. Jumping Jacks: It may be a while since you did a jumping jacks – if so, you’ll find it remarkable how quickly this simple exercise will get your heart pumping.
8. Dance, Dance, Dane: There is a part in all of us that loves to move to music, to boogie down, to dance, dance, dance. Whether you decide to try tap, freestyle or belly dancing, you’ll get your heart the exercise it needs while whittling down your belly fat.