Canker sores-revealed the presence of erosions on the inner side of the lips, cheeks, around the gums or on the tongue. Mornings are white or yellowish, red-margined in size from a pinhead to a much larger size. Experts are not sure what causes it, but it is thought that impaired immune system may play a role. The appearance aft is often preceded by a stressful event or damage to the oral mucosa. Recurrent ulcers can also be caused by eating certain foods. Small sores in your mouth causing more pain than you would think, judging their size.
Homemade ways to get rid of canker sores:
– Cut with vitamin E capsule and squeeze some oil on the wound. Repeat this procedure several times a day.
– Put on the canker sore wet tea bag for 5 minutes. The tea is alkaline, so it can neutralize the acids that cause pain aft. It also contains astringent compounds that may help relieve the pain.
– Fight bacteria. Mix a tablespoon of 20% hydrogen peroxide in 1/2 cup water. Add a teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), a teaspoon of salt and mix thoroughly. The solution is quickly rinse your mouth and spit it. As afta an open wound susceptible to infection, hydrogen peroxide is a good disinfectant. Soda, in turn, is alkaline and relieve, neutralizing acids.
– Brew tea with marigold. For centuries, it was used to treat cuts, cracked or itchy skin and insect bites. Pour a cup of boiling water 1-2 teaspoons of dried petals. Brew 10 minutes, strain and set aside until it becomes a summer brew. Rinse the mouth as often.
– Avoid foods that invites aft. Potential culprits include: whole grain wheat, rye, barley, seafood, pineapple, citrus fruits, figs, chocolate, tomatoes, green peppers and strawberries. To detect, causing ulcers, eliminate all of the above-mentioned diet foods. Then gradually enter one and check if it causes recurrent symptoms.
– Minor cuts and abrasions inside the mouth can also be caused aft. Be careful when you eat food with sharp edges, such as chips or baguette. To brush your teeth, use a soft brush not to scratch the gums.
– Canker sores may be formed under stress, as it causes hypersensitivity of the immune system to the bacteria normally present in the oral cavity. If you overwhelmed by stress, try relaxation techniques such as yoga or aerobic exercise.
When the pain is so strong that even you are not able to drink enough, contact your doctor. You should also talk to your doctor if you have in your mouth at the same time more than four aphthous or if erosions persist longer than two weeks.