Without getting into any of the moral issues regarding the decision to move forward with an abortion – honestly, that’s a decision that you’ll have to make all on your own with your medical team, family, friends, and support group – there are a number of different considerations you need to be aware of before using the abortion pill.
The abortion pill (also known as RU-486) is a drug commonly prescribed all throughout the world as a way to chemically induce abortions – provided that you use of the abortion pill inside of a very specific period of time. 100% approved by the FDA for use to terminate pregnancies (only with the proper prescription from a licensed medical professional), it has proven to be widely effective and one of the safest alternatives to abortion methodology and technology.
At the same time, there are a number of different facts you need to fully understand what it comes to the abortion pill in general – and hopefully you’ll get all of that inside information right here.
Critical abortion pill facts you need to understand:
- Drug-based solution to create a biochemical reaction in your body to induce an abortion
- 100% approved by the FDA (but only of available through a prescription from a licensed medical professional)
- Dual action drugs work to abort the pregnancy into a very specific ways
- Provided that it’s used in the prescribed period of time, you should have zero negative side effects whatsoever
- Shockingly similar to the “morning after” pill, though the dosage has been increased dramatically
Obviously, this list is nowhere near the complete total list of information that you need to have access to before you make the decision to use the abortion pill, but it’s a fantastic foundation to start from. Overall, the drug has been widely considered as one of the biggest step forwards in the medical world (at least as far as abortions are concerned) and has so far offered the very best chance to provide safe and effective abortions so long as it’s used exactly as prescribed.
Abortion pill side effects you need to be aware of
That being said, the abortion pill is not all sunshine and roses – there are a number of different side effects you need to be aware of before moving forward.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Internal bleeding because of the removal of the fetus
- Headache, nausea, vomiting
- Painful cramping
And while these are just a few of the side effects that you may have to deal with when using the abortion pill, the truth of the matter is that more science and research needs to be conducted about the specific long term health impacts that may come from using this solution.