One fruit that has provided much health discussion is the good ol’ pineapple. Rarely was it referred to as anything other than a fresh slice of goodness, but lately the effects have provided a more quality review. There might be serious health benefits to men and women by consuming some sort of pineapple daily, whether it be fresh, canned, or the juice.
Pineapples are packed with precious vitamins and nutrients which cause the benefits to include the following:
- Mighty Manganese
Manganese is the first mineral of which pineapple contains valuable amounts. Manganese functions in the human body to keep bones strong. Manganese assists in creating bone and connective tissue. 73% of the RDA of manganese can be obtained with simply one cup of pineapple. Calcium is commonly known as the most important component of bone strength, made popular by “Got Milk?”; however, manganese in pineapple helps in absorption of the calcium thus creating a double effect of bone strength. Youth and elderly can benefit from this- growth and maintenance can dually be achieved.
- No Pain Bromelain
The next essential agent that pineapple possesses is bromelain. Bromelain aids in managing pain, inflammation, swelling, discomfort, and other similar annoyances. Pain that can be associated with surgery, arthritis, or other inflammation related causes can be controlled and contained more effectively with the healing power of bromelian packed pineapple- the healing fruit.
Beneficial for Men and Women Alike
Pineapple is not more beneficial for one sex or age over the other. There are general health benefits to reach a wide range of consumers:
- Pineapple can help in the stomach and intestinal area for many different reasons. Pregnancy related problems such as nausea or morning sickness can be treated with simple pineapple consumption. Abdominal irritation, constipation, and even worm infestations can be remedied with this fruit. The GI tract is heavily benefited with pineapples. Even dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome has been known to be treated with pineapples; however, just the juice is not as fiber-packed.
- Thyroid regulation has been maintained with common consumption of pineapple.
- Respiratory troubles have been greatly helped with pineapple due to the high levels of the previously mentioned bromelain because of the anti-inflammatory properties keeping the bronchial walls from becoming inflamed.
- Pineapples work to keep the cardiac health.
- Pineapple is also positive in improving the overall immune system of an individual.
With all of these benefits affecting almost every system of the body, it is necessary to ensure that each individual does not have an allergy to pineapple for the benefits will not be fully revealed.